Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2013

February Foodie Pen Pals

Last fall I somehow stumbled across Foodie Pen Pals.  Lindsay, author of The Lean Green Bean blog started organizing food swaps between people about a year ago and its grown into a really cool program.  She pairs participants with each other and you send a box with $15 worth of food items to the other person.  I did it once when I was still in Michigan, and this month was my first time since I've moved to Florida.

I received my package from Deb from Delaware.  I didn't give her much direction as far as preferences, and she sent me a box jam packed with snacks from a local Amish store. Check it out!:

Look at all these tasty treats!

She included two bags of frosted pretzels, which happen to be one of my favorite snacks. They did not last long in this apartment.  There were two types of granola bars which were both great.  The Lemon Cranberry had a really bright flavor, and I hope that I can find more of them somewhere down here. One container of trail mix had naked raisins AND chocolate covered raisins with M&Ms, peanuts and almonds.  Hell yes.  The other container is a crunchy Asian snack mix that I'm finding mildly addictive.  Deb also sent a container of veggie dip mix.  I haven't tried it yet, but pita chips are on my grocery list now.  And I have big plans involving that BBQ sauce and some ribs this weekend.  Thanks for everything, Deb!!

I got paired with someone different to send a package.  You can read what I picked out for Ashley from Iowa at her blog: The Preppy Runner

I think this program is lots of fun.  Its a great way to connect with other people and try new foods that I probably wouldn't find otherwise.  If you're interested in joining, check out the button below for the full details!



The Lean Green Bean

1 comment:

  1. (I tried posting this earlier, but it didn't go through!)

    You were an awesome pen pal! I am seriously so jealous that you live near a Trader Joe's. Can't wait to read more about your adventures. :)

    PS: Here's the direct link to the post of stuff you sent - http://thepreppyrunner.wordpress.com/2013/02/28/february-2013-foodie-pen-pals/

    xoxo,
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete