Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

"Do Your Best and Forget The Rest"

I haven't been sleeping well again lately.  My brain seems to be going a mile a minute, and I struggle to shut it down.  Nothing important or stressful bothers me at night though.  Sometimes its just random thoughts or even songs that I can't silence.  Whatever the reason, last night was one of the worst nights.  I only slept for about three hours total.  When I got home from work, I finally crashed on the couch and didn't think I would be able to get up.

But I knew I had to work out.  Samantha and I started P90X after Christmas break, and it's been going well.  We've made it farther than I ever have on my own.  Today, I'm not sure I would have found the motivation if Samantha hadn't been there.  But the buddy system is powerful.  Knowing she was going to work out too was enough to get me off the couch and change my clothes.  I'm so glad that I did.

I sluggishly started today's Back and Biceps work out.  Eventually, exercising awakened my body and mind, and it turned out to be one of my best work outs thus far.  I felt energized and even a little silly by the end.  When it came time for Ab Ripper X, I kicked my focus into high gear.  Today was the first time since restarting P90X that I completed every single one of the 349 ab/core moves.  I felt proud for pushing myself when I really didn't feel up to moving.  I pushed the junk out of my mind to focus on what I needed to and knew I could accomplish.  Like Tony Horton always says, "Do your best, and forget the rest."  Hopefully, working out so hard today will help me sleep well tonight.


P.S. Hawks are back in the United Center tonight!  Time to reward myself with some hockey!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment