Pages

Monday, April 1, 2013

Foodie Pen Pals - March 2013

The box I received from my March Foodie Pen Pal was wildly disappointing.  APRIL FOOLS!  It was awesome!!! This month I was paired with Skinny Sometimes author Shannon from Pennsylvania.  I told her that I was traveling a lot at the end of the month, and she sent me so many snacks that were perfect for my airplane rides and fieldwork.



  • Trader Joe's PB&J chocolate bar - That thing didn't make it though the night.  
  • Trader Joe's dried fruit strips - These were great for throwing in my daypack to snack on during field work.  The apricot was tasty, but I think the boysenberry was my favorite.  I had never had anything boysenberry flavored before.
  • Quaker Real Medleys oatmeal cups - The cherry pistachio was perfect for my morning flight home.  All I had to do was ask the flight attendant for some hot water.  I ate the Apple walnut flavor for breakfast on Blackbeard Island.  I liked these so much that I got two more when we got groceries before working on Wassaw Island.
  • Justin's peanut butter and almond butter - These were super tasty on tortillas for a snack.
  • Two flavors of Cliff Mojo bars - I love Clif bars and Clif Builder bars. These are the first Mojo bars that I've tried, and they are just as delicious.  They are awesome for throwing in my daypack as well.
  • Trader Joe's Apple Banana sauce crushers - I liked eating these after my bike ride home from work.  I squeezed a couple of them into my smoothies too, and they were a great addition.
  • Planter's NUT-rition spread - It's peanut butter with banana chips and granola mixed in.  I've been spreading this on bananas (when I'm not eating it with a spoon...) and I really like the crunchy texture.
  • Pumpkin Seeds - I haven't eaten pumpkin seeds in so long! These are salty and nutty.  I'm mildly addicted, and I think they are now going to be one of my standard field work snacks!
Thank you, Shannon, for introducing me to so many new go-to field work and travel snacks!!
I had a ton of fun this month shopping for my recipient, Kate in Massachusetts.  You can check out what I sent her at her blog What a life...

If you want to lean more about Foodie penpals, check out the link below! It's been a really fun experience :)

The Lean Green Bean

1 comment:

  1. That looks like my dream package - esp the PB&J chocolate bar. YUM!

    ReplyDelete