Pages

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Birthday Grand Melón Lemonade Cupcakes

Tomorrow is my 26th birthday! I haven't baked cocktail cupcakes in a while, so I decided it was appropriate to celebrate with the Grand Melón Lemonade cupcake.  It's based on my signature drink, Bacardi Grand Melón watermelon rum mixed with lemonade and a splash of club soda.  It was invented in Milwaukee the week after my 23rd birthday.  The cupcakes turned out fantastic, even if the watermelon flavor was a little more subtle than I hoped.  Here's what I did!.....

First things first, pour an inspiration cocktail! 

Liquify a chunk of watermelon, then add enough Grand Melón so the whole mixture equals 1 1/3 cups

Add Watermelon Rum mixture, 1/3 cup oil, and 3 eggs to a lemon cake box mix

Mix it. Oh yeah, mix it real good.  Mm...
 
Oil a muffin tin, parcel out batter in 1/4 cup increments, and bake at 350º F for 18-20 minutes

When those bad boys are done, they should look a little something like this.  Let them cool for 5 minutes
 
Then let them get completely cool on a wire rack.

Meanwhile in frosting land, mix 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar, 1 stick of butter, zest of a lemon,
a splash of vanilla, milk, and more Grand Melón.  Butter Cream, baby. Dig it.

Frost thusly 

Get drunk off cupcake.  (Please consume responsibly...)

I hope you've enjoyed this behind-the-scenes look at Camelot Bakery.  I'm excited to share these with my friends tomorrow! 26... it's going to be a good year.  I can feel it.


No comments:

Post a Comment