Pages

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Foodie Pen Pals - April 2013

It's Foodie Pen Pal reveal day once again!  This month I received a box from Nicole.  I asked her to send snacks that would be good to take on a camping canoe trip, and she did not disappoint!


  • Peanut butter almond granola - This is really tasty and great with my yogurt! 
  • (SHELLED!) pumpkin seeds - I've had an affinity for pumpkin seeds lately.  I loved that these didn't have the tough shells to gnaw on.  
  • Veggie chips - An addictive medley of dried carrots, sweet potato, squash, eggplant, and my favorite freeze dried green beans.
  • Hickory beef jerky - So good that I had to ration it so it would last me all weekend!
  • Spoon bread mix -  Nicole is from a town in Kentucky that is famous for their Spoon Bread Festival, and she included a mix with the rest of my snacks.  This was the only thing I didn't take camping.  But it was perfect to bring to a potluck at my friend Erin's house.  The result was somewhere between cornbread and grits.  This was the first time any of us had tried spoon bread, and it was a big hit!


      Spoon bread fresh out of the oven.  Delicious with mini burger kabobs!
      Thanks again for everything, Nicole.  Your box was an absolute delight!

      My Foodie Pen Pal recipient this month, Mary, doesn't write her own blog.  So I invited her to write a guest post about what I sent her:

      "I received a great box in April from Michelle from Florida.  My box contained the ingredients for the "Everything Soup",  It is a combination of Minestrone and a Pasta Fagioli.  It is something I will definitely be making."


      I hope you enjoy your soup, Mary!



      A picture that Mary sent after her box arrived

      If you want to lean more about Foodie penpals, check out the link below! It's been a really fun experience :)


      The Lean Green Bean

      No comments:

      Post a Comment