Pages

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Cool Ranch Doritos Locos Tacos Are Here!

I don't eat fast food often. But when I do, it's usually at Taco Bell. A little over a year or so ago. Taco Bell released the Doritos Locos taco in nacho cheese flavor. As anyone with a discerning palate can tell you, Cool Ranch is really the superior Doritos flavor. So I decided to patiently wait until taco bell came to its senses before trying a Doritos loco taco. I knew it would only be a matter of time.

Last summer my trusted food blog reported the Cool Ranch DLT popping up in test markets across the country. Then, just after new year, Taco Bell finally announced a nationwide release date. My countdown had started.

Today, my wait ended, and I triumphantly purchased my first Doritos Locos taco.  It was as delicious as anything from Taco Bell could be.  Adequately seasoned meat that is probably 30% TVP, shredded processed cheese, and almost crisp iceberg lettuce adorned a crunchy shell subtly enhanced with Cool Ranch flavor.  It was everything I expected a Doritos-wrapped Taco Bell taco would be and nothing more.  I was delighted.

This photo is titled: "Simple Pleasures"

It's all about the red and green flavor flecks.  
Now that I have fulfilled my Cool Ranch flavor loyalty, I might even try the Nacho Cheese tacos.  However, I think the Cool Ranch DLT has found a place among my standard menu lineup.  The next time you need a drive-thru fix, do yourself a favor and give one of these bad boys a whirl.

No comments:

Post a Comment