Pages

Sunday, August 25, 2013

The Eve of Grad School

My slightly scattered life state has contributed to my lack of blogging.  I had difficultly organizing my over-active thoughts.  During my short time in Florida, I applied to grad school, was accepted, and got ready to move again.  Over the last few months my excitement and nerves battled each other.  I get to work in the Everglades! I'm ready to go back to school! But will the other kids like me? Am I smart enough? Can I afford this?

But now I'm here in South Florida. Tomorrow is my first day of class at Florida Atlantic University.  I recently reminded myself of a favorite quote: "Nothing in this world that's work having comes easy." (yeah... it's from an episode of Scrubs...)  I'll do fine in class, but it will be hard.   I'm sure I'll make more friends, but it might be hard.  When I find it, my project is going to be awesome.  But it's going to take a huge effort.  And I'm going to drive a fucking fan boat.

Tomorrow is my first day of grad school.  And I'm going to rock the shit out of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment